Attacked By Oobleck!

Attacked By Oobleck!

It was wonderful seeing all the students back today after a beautiful weekend. I hope you got a chance to go outside and spend some time in the fresh air as it was absolutely gorgeous!

It was another exciting day here in Grade 3. Wwe started the day off with devotions. The students are now working hard on their handwriting. By the end of the year students will be expected to be handwriting all the time. We are also working on getting our Learning Logs ready. If you remember from Grade 2 , the students all had a little booklet where thye put their spelling words each wee. The book also had all the rules at the back. Before we start our spelling lists we need to get the rules pages set up. We should be ready by the end of this week or next. Once the rules pages are set up we will begin our spelling words. I will post the words here on Mondays.

The student have now finished their Math Is  . . . poems. If you are coming out to the Parent/Teacher dessert night you can stop by and have a look at their poems.

For science today, we started an exciting investigation. I was telling the students that in my travels around my house this summer, I found this mysterious substance called “Oobleck”. After checking with my science friends, we discovered that while it was harmless, it had many strange properties. Today, the students got a chance to play with the oobleck and determne some of those properties after discussing what properties are. The students had a great time (and the oobleck does wash out! 🙂 )We are using the Oobleck to start our Science year as a discussion about how scientists answer those mysterious questions that baffle us and how students can be scientists as well by using some of the same techniques, ways of thinking and just plain old curiousity!

Just as a reminder: Tonight is Parent Teacher Dessert night. Come out and meet me and check out the smartboard and let me know how things are going!

Bible Memory Verses: Their homework this week is to talk with their families about their favorite memory verses. The students are to bring in those verse by Friday. We will be using them as our memory verses this week!

2 thoughts on “Attacked By Oobleck!

1. When i did this i really was exited and i thought that it was going to be cool and boy was it cool.I wish I was in your class this year. Sincerly Samuel