Homework

Homework

On this page, you will find descriptions of the weekly homework students will need to do throughout the year, as well as homework that happens once a term. According to several studies and organizations, students should do homework for 10x the mins corresponding to their grade level. That means that at the Grade 5/6 level, students should be doing no more than 50/60 mins of homework each night.

Here are some of the types of homework students will be expected to do this year:

1. Math: Students will be expected to complete any math work they did not complete during class at home. As there are a lot of concepts to be covered during the year, students will be expected to be responsible for making sure they are caught up and ready for the next math period.
  2. Home Reading: Students should be reading consistently at home.Β 
  3. Memory Verse: Each week, students will receive a bible memory verse to recite on Tuesdays. Memory Verses will be recited on Mondays and written in student’s planners, as well as posted on the blog.
  4. Term Projects: Each term, students will be given a term project to complete. These projects are designed to help students work on creativity and thinking outside the box. They are also designed to be done by the family. Students and parents can work together and are actually encouraged to work together.
  5. Devotions: As we get into October, students will be responsible to share a devotion with the class on Fridays. More information will be sent home about this program and stills will have had a chance to see examples of how to write a devotion. Students can use help from family members to write their devotions.

homework_title

8 thoughts on “Homework

1. Hi Mr.H! I tried to go on to spelling city but It did not show up like u showed us in class. Tommorrow can u tell me how to do it again please?

From:Natalie

2. Hi Natalie,

I can certianly do that tomorrow. It works from my computer so maybe tomorrow you can show me what you did.

Cheers
    Mr. H

3. In your video of the class you didn’t get 1 picture of me😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒

4. Hi Emma!

There are two pictures of you right at the very beginning. The first one is you coming back from the garden and the other one of you is at the track meet. There are also a bunch of other photos with you in them as well! πŸ™‚

Mr. H