Building Boats on Thanksgiving!

Building Boats on Thanksgiving!

Well, it’s a beautiful fall day here in British Columbia. Actually, it’s not. It is raining cats and dogs!!! I have, however, found the perfect thing to do on a rainy day which fits in quite well with our building unit.

I found this video on how to make an origami paper boat. I heard about the video on another teacher’s website. He was talking about how his son’s class was having a boat making contest. They had to make a boat that was no more than 2.5 inches in width, used no motors and was made entirely out of homemade items. His son went on the internet and found this video on making an origami paper boat.

Now, if you do not know what origami is, it is a Japanese form of paper folding. You can take pieces of paper and fold them in special ways to make all kinds of neat things. It takes a lot of patience and careful folding but when you are done, you have something very special!

Here is the video on how to make the paper boat. Remember, you can always stop the video and start it again while you do your own boat so that the video doesn’t get too far ahead of you!!

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuqVpMdb1NM" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

Do you think it would be fun to have our own boat building contest?

2 thoughts on “Building Boats on Thanksgiving!

1. HEY, NOW I HAVE TO SAY NOW THAT,THAT WAS…whats that word… oh ya …AWSOME

FROM YOU GEUSSED IT

TRIN