Science and Spelling List for Week of Jan 4

Welcome back!!!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas break despite the challenges of COVID. It was sure nice to see all the students back ready to go! I got to hear lots of fun stories about Christmas adventures!

We are right back into the swing of things this week. Before I get to the Spelling List, I just wanted to note that we are collected cardboard for an upcoming Science project. I am looking for medium to small sizes of cardboard (medium sized cardboard boxes, cereal boxes, egg cartons, small boxes, shoe boxes, etc). If you have any spare cardboard lying around, please feel free to send it in with your child!

It is also Pyjama Day on Weds as we met our total for the Salvation Army prior to Christmas. If students do not wish to wear pyjamas, they may wear their normal uniforms. I’ve got my Star Wars PJ’s all ready to go!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is your spelling for the week:

1. important
  2. button
  3. human
  4. match
  5. settle
  6. regard
  7. value
  8. usual
  9. fortune
  10. count
  11. repair
  12. caught
  13. taught
  14. flight
  15. trial
  16. scale
  17. support
  18. favour (Canadian Spelling, please)
  19. known
  20. double

Get your bonus mark on the spelling test by doing a pre-quiz with your parents. You can simply do it on a piece of paper with your parents or click the link below to do it on Spelling City. Just a note: Spelling City will mark “favour” wrong because it is an American website. However, I will still give the bonus even if you get 19/20 as a result.

Our memory verse is Ephesians 4:32:

• Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

2 thoughts on “Science and Spelling List for Week of Jan 4