Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!

We had a great day today! Students looked fabulous for their photos and the whole day went by so quickly.

Just wanted to quickly let you know about a couple of things that are new:

Memory Verses:

Thank you so much for helping us out by sending in your child’s favorite memory verse. Over the course of the year, students will be using these verses the memory verse for the week. The longer ones will be broken down of course! 🙂

Students got their first verse today and it should be glued into their planners. I have also written below for you.

Ephesians 6:1

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

I will be hearing the memory verses on Friday. Please practice them every night.

We also started using a new website today called Classdojo. Classdojo is a website that helps track behaviour both positive and negative. As the teacher I can reward students with points or take points away for negative behaviour in a variety of areas including thinking creatively, working on task, giving others compliments, etc. Students get their own little avatar and can customize it at home while also seeing how they are doing. Once we have been using it for awhile, I will also set it up to send weekly reports home on how they are doing in class. We are using it on a trial basis right now to see if it is worth using. Note: this is not a reflection of bad behaviour in the class or anything like that. 🙂 I like to use neat tools that help encourage a positive classroom environment that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration and encouragement. We will see if this tool can help us achieve those goals!

Students can access the site by going to:

http://classdojo.com/student

1) Click on the login button on the top right

2) Choose “student”

3) Click on “I am new here”

4) Type in the code that is on the sticker stuck inside the planner on the first page.

Students should be able to change their avatar from there and have some fun.

2 thoughts on “Happy Monday!