Spelling+Memory Verse+Links+News=Busy Times!

We have many things going on this week. First of all, I don’t know if you know or have been keeping track, but we passed 8,000 website hits over the Christmas break! I think that is amazing! We are now going for 9000!

Here is the spelling for this week:

Spelling N 6

SpellingN6Don’t forget! If you go to Spelling City and complete the quiz, bring in the certificate and show Mr. Hancock and you can get an extra point on your spelling test this week. If you can not get the certificate to print, just get your parents to write in your planner that you have completed the quiz and I will give you the extra point.

Our memory verse for this week is an easier one. It comes from Psalm 25:1:

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.

I have placed the link to the Reading A-Z site on the side where the links are. Students can use this site to read, listen and answer questions about books from home. They can also record themselves reading the books so that they can hear their own reading. It is a very neat book and the students have been using it at school during our Daily 3 time. Check it out. The students know what the password is!

Friday is a busy day with Gymnastics happening. For the Grade 2’s, please send clothes for them to do gymnastics in to school with them. Students will change at school as there is more room here.

pajamaFriday is also Pajama Day at Highroad. Students may come to school in their Pajamas. If they do not wish to wear pajamas, students can wear their uniforms as usual. Even Mr. H will be wearing his cuddly, fuzzy pajamas!

5 thoughts on “Spelling+Memory Verse+Links+News=Busy Times!