Heavy Weight Builders Inc.

Heavy Weight Builders Inc.

This week, in Science, we created our own building company as part of our building unit. Each of the students got their own business card and business paper to use for the unit. Not to brag or anything, but I think the business cards turned out very well. So, without further ado, I would like to introduce . . .

logo1The Heavy Weight Builders Inc.: Master Builders and Engineers!

Today, we started the prep work for our first project. My Uncle Richard is an engineer in Vancouver and is going to be working with us throughout the unit. He will be sending projects to help us learn about the types of building designs he uses to create structures that are safe and stable (not like the bridge in the video below!)

Towards the end of the unit, students will take all the knowledge they have learned and designs they have tested and use them to help them design and build one of three things: a bridge, a water tower or a two car garage. I always enjoy this part of the science unit and so do the students.

Don’t forget, we are collecting packages of oreo cookies (or like type) for Friday!!!

2 thoughts on “Heavy Weight Builders Inc.