If You Give A Teacher An Oreo . . .

If You Give A Teacher An Oreo . . .

oreoWell . . . Our day went very quickly. It seems like there is so much to do and so little time. We have many cool projects coming up and I am looking at October already speeding past like a blur of light. It is amazing. The students have been so great and it has been so much fun working with them. They are starting to come out of their shells and think creatively. Being creative is such an important skill and one that is so hard to develop. However, we will do our best to bring out some creative thinking and get the students to start thinking outside the box. If you haven’t looked through the archive of videos on the blog, check out this video of a speech by Sir Ken Robinson talking out creativity. He does a fantastic job talking about creativity in schools and it’s importance.

Speaking of creativity, the students have probably told you that they have some very strange homework. For Friday, students need to bring in a package of Oreo cookies or cookies that are like Oreo cookies (if you want to buy more bargain price ones, that is fine as long as they resemble the Oreos in shape and width). I am not going to say what they are for (Aidan!), but I will tell you that we are going to use them for Math on Friday. Hmm, math you say. What on Earth could he be doing using cookies for Math? Very interesting! Well, you will have to wait and see!! It should be a lot of fun!!!! They can bring them in at anytime up to Friday morning.

Friday is also skating day. If you have not sent the skating permission form in yet, please do so as soon as you can. Students are allowed to wear play clothes for that day. They should also have warm mitts and a helmet (hockey or bike). No helmet, no skating!

Finally, we have been talking a lot about my poor evil twin brother, Bob. Bob has been trying very hard to make it out to see the students but unfortunately has been having a great deal of difficulty getting here. Last I heard, he was in Holland in the hospital with a injured hang-nail. Very unfortunate, and if you have ever had a hang-nail, you know how painful they can be. Anyway, I found a very neat site that allows you to create your own customized maps. So I thought I would create a map showing where my evil, twin brother Bob is as he attempts to get back to Chilliwack to meet the students.

3 thoughts on “If You Give A Teacher An Oreo . . .