Welcome Back!!!!

Welcome Back!!!!

welcome_matDear Parents,

Welcome to another year at Highroad Academy! If you have made it this far, than you are doing extremely well in your first foray onto our class blog!!! I am pleased to take this opportunity to introduce myself and to welcome your child to my class. A good learning experience is built on a cooperative effort among parents, child and teacher. I look forward to the work and growth we will all accomplish this year.

My expectations for conduct and academic standards are high. With your participation both in and out of the classroom, we can look forward to a productive, creative and enjoyable year together.

We have many exciting things happening in Grade 2/3! In Language Arts , we will be using two programs called “The Daily 5” and “Six Trait Writing” to expand student’s reading and writing skills. I am very excited about these programs and I think the students will enjoy it as well. In Math, students are going to continue working with the Math-U-See program with a focus on multiplication at the Grade 3 level and addition and subtraction of multiple digit numbers at the Grade 2 level. We will also look at story problems as we develop skills, strategies and techniques to solve them, as well as continuing their work in numeration, operations and properties, measurement, geometry, and data management all with a multiplication focus. In Science, the students will be exploring ideas and concepts in Building, Plant and Animal Growth and Change, Space Science, and different types of matter. In Social Studies, we will be looking at communities in the past and present within British Columbia and Canada.

Again, welcome! Please feel free to contact me about any questions or concerns you may have. My classroom door is always open, and messages can be left for me with our school secretary, to which I will respond as soon as possible. Please take a moment to fill in the question sheet and send it back with your child. This will allow me to get to know your child better.

If you are returning from previous years, welcome back!!! It’s good to see you again! Please feel free to keep coming back to see what’s new!!!

Thank You!
Mr. Hancock

One thought on “Welcome Back!!!!