Spelling, Memory Verse, Music of the Week and….Castles?

Good morning!

I hope you are having a wonderful long Easter Weekend with family. The sun is out and it is a glorious day.

I just wanted to update you on a couple of things. First, we will be resuming spelling lists on Apr. 12. Short weeks are difficult for trying to fit in spelling and I tend not to do spelling on those weeks.

Students should be prepared to share their memory verses from last week on Tuesday.

Our music of the week from last week was a a cappella group from Scandinavia called Rajaton. They are amazing vocalists and share a wide variety of music including a great version of Under Pressure that I personally enjoy! Here is a video of them performing a song I performed when I was in a local choir a few years ago.

Last week, we were talking about the needs of living things. Somehow, the topic of medieval castles came up and I mentioned an amazing castle in France that my family had had the great fortune of being able to visit twice. Guedelon castle is an actual place on a wooded area in the middle of France where a group of craftspeople and scholars are working together to recreate the building of an actual medieval castle from the ground up using only medieval techniques and tools (or as many as modern safety measures allow). It is an amazing place, like a Fort Langley but on a vaster scale. There is not only the castle that is being built from scratch but also the village around it that has been created to support the needs of the builders and craftspeople. I have included a couple of videos about the site.