Notes For The Week

Notes For The Week

Lots of things are happening in the Grade 4/5 classroom! Here are some notes to help you navigate what is going on:

1. Spelling this Week: There is no spelling test this week due to the short week. Next week will be another short week with Parent/Teacher Interviews happening on Nov. 1. However, we will probably put in a spelling test that week just to get at least 1 spelling list in.
  2. Memory Verse: This week’s memory verse is Matthew 6:13. I will hear memory verses on Monday.
  3. Class and Individual Photos tomorrow: As mentioned last week, tomorrow students will be having photos done. They will be doing both class and individual photos at the same time. Our photos will be at approx. 10 am. Students should come wearing pants or kilts, uniform shirts and some type of blue (cardigan or blue zip-up hoodie)
  4. Parent Teacher Interviews: Interviews will be happening on Nov. 1 from 10am to 4pm. We would love to have as many parents as possible come out. I will have a sign up list on the inside of my door for you to sign up on either before school or after school.
  5. PD Day this Friday: There will be no school this Friday as teachers province wide attend professional development. I will be attending the Intermediate Conference being held in Abbotsford. I will also be in Richmond over the weekend attending a series of meetings to develop the next set of FSA numeracy questions. This is something I have done for the last few years and I am very excited to be leading the Grade 4 Numeracy FSA group in developing the math portion of the FSA’s over the next years to come. It is great professional development for myself as I get to meet and work with several people at the Ministry of Education level as well as teachers from around the province on assessment.
  6. FSA – Students in Grade 4 will be starting to work on the FSA’s (Foundational Skill Assessments) in the next few weeks. Students will complete assessments measuring numeracy, reading and writing skills. We will be starting off with some practice assessments to get the students used to the style of questions asked as well as how to use the chromebooks to login to and complete the online portions of the test.