Home Reading, Spelling and Memory Verse for the Week

We are off to a busy start already this week! Today your child will be bringing home the final component of their homework. The home reading log will help students with tracking their daily reading at home and encourage them to think of reading as an activity that doesn’t just happen at school! I have embeded a copy of the reading log here so you know what to look for.

If you look under the title banner of this blog, you will notice a new link about the Home Reading Program. Clicking on this link will take you to all the information about the Home Reading program and how to do it with your child. Please note that I understand that our daily lives are busy and filled with many activities. I have told the students that it is okay if they can’t read every night. However, it shouldn’t be a pattern of non-reading or only reading once a week. We should try to read for as many nights as we can during the week.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Home Reading 2015 by ihancock

Here is the spelling for this week:

P5 by ihancock

Here is the link to Spelling City. Remember to bring in your completed pre-test to get a bonus mark on your spelling test.

SpellingP5

The memory verse for this week is long so please do not leave it to the last moment!

Galatians 5: 25, 26 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.