New Challenge!!

New Challenge!!

Here is another challenge from one of my new favorite blogs. Here is the challange:

Build a house that is at least 9 inches long and 9 inches high using:

• 1 package of chewing gum,
  • 1 paper cup (if you don’t have one handy, just do it without the cup),
  • paperclips,
  • 5 8.5 x. 11 sheets of paper,
  • 3 toothpicks, and
  • 3 bandaids.

You may use scissors during construction but not in the solution.

Here is the thing however. From this week on, these challanges are going to be part of our Science program. This means that they will also be a part of your Science mark from now to the end of the school year!!! Here is how it will work:

1. You will get one week (from Monday to the following Monday) to complete the projects.
  2. You may get help from your family. In fact, I am hoping this will be a fun family project for everyone!
  3. On the Monday, we will display the projects and see all the different ideas people come up with.
  4. Pictures will also be taken to add to the blog to show off our creations.
  5. For completing your homework and bringing in the finished project, you will receive 5 marks. If you do not complete the project that week, you will receive no mark (unless you have talked to me beforehand with a very good reason why you can not complete the task).

I am hoping that we can have a lot of fun with these projects but I am also hoping that these projects will allow us to think differently and stretch our minds and creativity in new ways!!!

Our first project (the one above) starts tomorrow!! You have until next Monday, Apr. 6 to finish them!