A Short Week

A Short Week

I hope that you were able to enjoy the concert today. The students did a wonderful job and also did a wonderful job listening and sitting respectfully for the rest of the concert.

It is an important day for students to be involved in. I was talking to my students about how my grandfather, who passed away last year, never really talked about the war (Second World War). He kept telling me that it was a terrible time and that he didn’t want to share that experience with me; that it was a sad time where he lost many friends. However, we need to make sure that we never forget this time. In my conversations with the children last week, it was reassuring to hear that many of the students had some understanding of the importance of the day. However, there were some misconceptions and things that needed to be clarified. Having these conversations with students is a very important process and learning experience for children to help ensure that we continue to put a precedence on peace making.

As for the rest of the week, as it is a short week, there will be no spelling or memory verse this week.

This week, (and probably a little next week) I am showcasing a great album as our music of the week. The album is called Hush and it features Bobby McFerrin and Yo-Yo Ma. Yo-Yo Ma is a famous cellist who I got to see live last year. The concert was magnificent. Bobby McFerrin is not someone I have ever got to see live but he is an amazing vocal artist probably best known for “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”. However, most of his work is in the classical area and is a very well known conductor. So I thought I would highlight a couple of songs. One is from the album “Hush”, the other is a song that Bobby McFerrin did live. It is just an amazing song that only he could ever pull off. The last one is his mst well-known one, “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”.

SeeqPod – Playable Search