Moon Landers, Memory Verse and Music of the Week

Hopefully, this week will not turn out to be as wet as the forecast says!

We had a fun time in Science today despite the drips of rain. We took our finished Moon Landers and put our “eggstronauts” inside. Finally, we headed up to the High School window and tossed them! It was quite the sght and the variety of designs were very interesting. Almost all the “eggstronauts survived.  🙂 It was still lots of fun and I will try to get some pictures up soon!

Reminders:

• PD day on Friday and Victoria Day on Monday – No School
  • There are some students who have still not handed in their Fieldtrip forms for Fort Langley. Those are due on Weds. The fieldtrip is on Thursday, May 19th.
  • Jeans Day: Students can wear jeans on Wednesday with a donation of $5 to the BC Children’s Hospital. Money can be given directly to the office in exchange for a sticker saying you have donated.

The memory verse for the week is James 3:17. It will be due next Tuesday.

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity.

The music of the week this week is one of my favourites. You may or may not know that I am a musical theatre buff. I not only collect musical theatre music, posters, etc but I have also been in a couple of musical productions. I am also a huge fan of Lord of the Rings (much to my wife’s chagrin) so when I heard they were doing a musical version of Lord of the Rings, I knew that the music would be awesome. And while the production never did actually go anywhere beyond Toronto and London, the music is still one of my favourites. So this week, I am playing some selections from the musical. I also showed students a couple videos from the production to give them a sense of how the music played in the theatre. I love giving students experiences like this; to see and hear music in a wide variety of contexts.