14 Days of Adventure – Day 11: How to Play Marbles

Day 11: How to Play Marbles

karen-dupré-marvelous-marbles-iI never grew up playing marbles. For me, it was trading the hockey stickers that came with a book. Your parents probably remember those. You got a sticker book and then you had to buy the packs of gum with the stickers in them. You always wanted the ones that were for the pictures that were really big; the ones where you needed more than one sticker to make one picture. Those were always the hardest ones to get because there was always one that you could not get!

Marbles seems like a much cheaper activity and was one that students used to play in the earlier days of school. Apparently it is still popular. So, I thought for today, I would provide you with the instructions for playing marbles. You can play inside or out. All you need is a package of marbles which you can get from any dollar store, some string and tape. Here is a video explaining how to play and some other instructions.