Here is a piclit done by one of the students in the class using adjectives!! Great job!
t was a wacky day in the wonderful, exciting and interesting Grade 2/3 class. The curious children were gently sharing descriptive, clever, and mysterious words for our lesson on adjectives. We used the very cool website, PicLits to describe the pictures in descriptive ways. We then added them to our blog which you cansee by clicking on the pictures below. The students were very enthusiastic and excited about learning adjectives and can’t wait to use them in their stories.
It was a fantastic day today! The students earned another party which we will be having tomorrow afternoon. If you would like to help by supplying some kind of treat, that would be wonderful! Students will now have to earn double the amount of stars to earn their next party but I know they will be able to do it as they have been really improving as the year has gone!!!!!
We are working very hard on our Social Studies Voicethreads. Don’t know what a voicethread is? Check out the blog next week to find out!!!!
One of the students in the class, J.A. made a fantastic PicLit today which I wanted to share with you.
A reminder that next week is a short week with staff going to Pacific Academy for workshops and Thanksgiving Monday following that.
Students also have a spelling test tomorrow.
Students do not have a Memory Verse tomorrow as I, with my failing memory, forgot to get one printed out. They will have memory verse next week.
Here is a new picture with lots of good words and ideas. We hope you like it everybody!!!
From the Grade 3 Class
P.S> We are doing this right now at Highroad in the class.
We had some fun today with a new website. The site is called PicLits. It is a neat site where you can add descriptive words and phrases to a picture. You can see the example below.
See the full PicLit at PicLits.com
It’s great for Language Arts. We did a couple as a class and suggested that they may want to add some to our blog. However, they will only be able to add a link not the actual picture. Anyway, I thought I would try a step by step to do this:
- Go to PicLits.
- Sign in. Students can use the same user name and password as the one I gave them for Animoto.
- Students create their picture with words.
- When you are done, click on the word save.
- Then click on the button for “blog or share” which is on the right hand side of the picture under the save.
- Highlight and copy the link in the first box by clicking the mouse and dragging it over the words in the box. Make sure you have them all! When it is all highlighted, click on the right mouse button and choose save or go to the top of the screen and click “Edit” -> “copy”.
- Go to our class blog.
- On the most recent post, click on the “Post a Comment”
- Type in your message like normal than “paste” in the link by right clicking with your mouse and choosing paste or got to the top of your screen, click on “Edit”->”Paste”.
- Click submit and wait for me to approve it
- And You’re done!
Have fun making your piclits! I will look at any of the ones done and maybe paste them into a post so we can all see them!