Music of the Week

Music of the Week

In our class, each week, I have been highlighting an artist or style of music that may be new to the students. Music is a huge part of my life and who I am. I have sung for years, having been in a choir since Grade 2, taken vocal lessons and performed in musicals. Wanting to share my love for music, I decided to start a Music of the Week with my students highlighting music from a variety of artists and genres showcasing the wonderful talents God has given people.

This week, our music of the week was a folk trio from Quebec called Genticorum. Their music is

Firmly rooted in the soil of their native land, the energetic and original traditional ‘power trio’ also incorporates the dynamism of today’s North American and European folk cultures in their music. They weave precise and intricate fiddle, flute and accordion work, gorgeous vocal harmonies, energetic foot percussion and guitar accompaniment into a big and jubilant musical feast.

Here are some videos of their music. I think you will agree that this Canadian trio is amazing!