Spelling and Memory Verse for the Week

Spelling and Memory Verse for the Week

spelling
Hello!

This post is the first of our weekly spelling and memory verse posts. Below you will see the spelling list for the week which you can print out. Below that, you will find a link (click on the picture) to the Spelling City page where students can practice their spelling words. If they complete the spelling quiz on the spelling city site, they can print it out and bring it to me to get a bonus mark on their spelling test. Spelling tests are on Fridays. To get the bonus mark, they have to show that they got 100% on the Spelling City quiz. If you do not want to waste ink by printing the certificate out, you can simply sign your child’s planner and write 100%. You can write this on the day corresponding to when they did the quiz. Students can attempt the quiz as many times as they like during the week but must bring the certificate or show me the signed planner before we do the spelling test on the Friday. For those weeks that are short weeks, there will be no spelling test or memory verse.

Spelling 0-3 by ihancock on Scribd

Here is the link to Spelling City. Remember to try the quiz to get the bonus mark on Friday!

SpellingO3

Here is the memory verse for the week. Students are to memorize the memory verse to recite to me on Friday.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1 and 2