A26 Spelling, Memory Verse and Music of the Week

It was a busy week last week and it looks like it will continue to be busy this week. We had a lot of fun with fencing last week and I have included some photos of the fun. The students were really excited and learned some great technique as they pretended to be swashbuckling pirates. We also started our pirate unit with a huge pirate scavenger/treasure hunt. Students are trying to solve clues to find the treasure for their groups. The pirate unit will coincide with our writing unit in Language Arts. We also started our space tomatoes, a project where students plant 2 groups of tomato seeds. The difference is that one group of seeds has actually been in space as part of Chris Hadfield’s expedition. Our experiment is to see whether zero gravity environments affect seeds. The catch is that we don’t know which group of seeds is which!

Here is our spelling for the week:

Spelling R1

Don’t forget to bring in your completed pre-test with 100% to get your extra mark!

SpellingR1

Our memory verse for the week comes from Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Our music of the week was Suessical the Musical. I got to see it last week when we went to a Middle School production the daughter of a friend of ours was in. They did a great job and it reminded me how much I enjoyed the musical. Here is a clip from the broadway cast:

Here are the photos from our fencing classes: