Muddy Science

Muddy Science

So….It was a little muddier outside than I thought it was going to be. Apparently the field does not drain very well, however, on the flip side, we got to experience an almost real world Oobleck simulation!!! 🙂

We had a lot of fun getting out in the great outdoor. The rain did let up a little and the kids really enjoyed building their habitats. We put a layer of sand on the bottom for drainage. Than we added the soil and the plants. On Monday, we will add some grass seed and start our observations. Throughout the unit, we will add worms and isopods to see if our habitats are fit for the survival of organisms.

The kids were great about the mud and worked like troopers to make sure the classroom was cleaned and not a mess of mud. My apologies for wet socks and muddy boots. We did Science and it was fun!! I took some photos which I will add to the blog once my phone is recharged. 🙂

31wu2.AuSt.39

2 thoughts on “Muddy Science

1. Blaine had a great time and I as a mom and creative soul, am so happy for the unique field trip!

2. Noah had a great time and I am soooo excited to see the kids learn outside the classroom! !!!!