Upcoming: Voyageur Games (June 12)

Upcoming: Voyageur Games (June 12)

Hello!

Grade 4 parents and students, we are planning to celebrate all that we have learned about early Canada and the Fur Trade this coming Thursday (June 12).  The students and I decided to focus on four main areas food, shelter, travel, and people.  We will head out to the High Road soccer field to play some team building games that demonstrate some of the skills and knowledge needed to thrive during the Fur Trade.

I was hoping to get some help from any parent volunteers that may be able to support our fun afternoon:

• parent volunteers to attend & participate (Thursday June 12, 1:15 pm)
  • food to help our hungry voyageurs sustain their energy.  I would like to keep the menu simple.  If you can please contribute: Jerky, Craisins (dried cranberries), Bannock.  (I will supply water.)
  • Bannock Recipe: 4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoon oil.  Mix and add water until a doughy consistency.  Knead approximately 10 minutes.  Grease and heat a frying pan.  Form the dough into cakes about 1/2″ thick and dust lightly with flour.  Lay the bannock in the frying pan, wiggle the pan every so often to keep them from sticking.  Once a bottom crust has formed and the dough has hardened enough to hold together, turn them.  Cooking takes 12-15 minute.

If you are able to help by volunteering or sending some snacks to school, or have any other questions please contact me at the following email address.

kfroyland@highroadacademy.com

Hope to see you Thursday!

Ms. Kirsten Froyland

300px-Voyageur_canoe

2 thoughts on “Upcoming: Voyageur Games (June 12)

1. Hi, I can help out on thurs afternoon! Let me know what is is need of bringing, I can do bannock, or whatever. Thanks!
    Raelene Krahn