Our Mission Statement and Homework

Our Mission Statement and Homework

Last week, we worked on creating a mission statement for the class. Basically, we asked what we wanted our class to be, why we wanted to be that kind of class and how we were going to do it. We talked about the importance of a mission statement and how we were going to use this mission statement instead of writing a list of things they were not allowed to do. I wanted the students to think about what kind of a class we could be.

We recently finished our Mission Statement and I thought I would share it with you so you knew what to expect:

We, the students of Mr. H’s Grade 4 class, are here to have fun, grow, create, learn and work. We will do this by respecting others, paying attention, concentrating and laughing so that we can get a good job when we are older, help each other and be the most awesome class at Highroad Academy and, by doing so, glorify God in everything we do, everyday!

I was very amazed and pleased with what the students came up with. I think it was very impressive and it has worked very well so far.

Homework

For homework tonight, students need to bring one bible verse that is their favorite bible verse or a verse that is a family favorite. They can ask you for help. They should write the verse down on a piece of paper with the book and verse where you can find it to give to me. We will be using these favorite verse as our memory verses for the year. I think that it makes it more special to share the verses we enjoy and that have special meaning to us.

Mrs. Derksen also has homework for the students. Students should bring 1 or 2 pictures of them and their family. These pictures will be used for a poster, so don’t send a special family one that is treasured and is a valued keepsake! 🙂