Cool Graphics and a Fun Video For You

Cool Graphics and a Fun Video For You

So… In my recent travels around the internet these last few days I came across a couple of fun things to share with you to get you back into the whole school thing gently.

First of all, I found these cool graphics from a site called, “Information is Beautiful”. The site basically takes information and statistics and puts them into neat graphics to make them more interesting and useful for readers. The ones today showed some interesting ways to see our world in a different context. Many times globes, maps and other mapping devices don’t give us a very accurate view of our world. We look at the map and think that our country is the same size as a place like, say, Greenland or that we are not much smaller than Africa. However, you can see with the pictures below that that is not quite the case. Take a look!

true_size_of_africa

usav_europe

morsels_antarctica

Here is a fun Star Wars video I found made entirely out of paper! Cool! It actually goes very well with the Christmas Art students are working on right now!