Fieldtrip Tomorrow!

Fieldtrip Tomorrow!

We’re off to the Space Science Centre tomorrow. We have an incredibly busy day of activities and workshops to do which is why we are leaving so early in the morning!

We will be leaving at 8:00

sharp tomorrow so please be

here before that time!!!!

I know it will be a great day!

To get us in the mood, here is a video of the space shuttle launch that happened yesterday. I am sorry that I didn’t know about it sooner as it would have been fun to watch as it actually happened. However, this is the next best thing. The shuttle is in orbit now getting ready to repair the Hubble Telescope one last time before it goes out of commission. The Hubble Telescope has been a higely important source of information and images for us and this upgrade will hopefully extend its power and lifespan before it finally breaks down. So here are the videos. I also included a couple on the Hubble Telescope and the challenges of repairing it.

Here is the poem of the day to end off things here at the blog. We’ll see you all tomorrow!

Me and Joe Lining Up After Recess
by
Betsy Franco

We race
for the front

bunch up
and bump,
wiggle,
giggle,
push,
pull,
trip,
tease,
jab,
grab,
poke,
pinch,
squish,
squeeze.

Then teacher gives the quiet sign.
Says,
“You two go to the end of the line!”

2 thoughts on “Fieldtrip Tomorrow!

1. You are a jewel; and I’m sure that you have heard this many times! It must be very exciting for your students to be able to check your site and know what’s happening next. Just looking at your site makes me want to be in third grade again. I’m a little north of 60. I’ve added your site to “The Summerlin Blogpaper” a neighborhood in Las Vegas. A wonderful community that shares in conversations. I’m sure that you will be the topic of many!