All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait . . .

. . . and those things, of course, are the memory verse and the spelling words for the week. I am trying hard to get them to you on Monday but you may have to be patient with me for a bit. My mind wanders a lot. By the way, have I told you that I have a daughter? 🙂 I am really happy!!! Here are some more pictures.

The memory verse this week is an easy one. It is John 3:16:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The spelling for this week is below:
Spelling M 3

Get your own at Scribd or explore others:

We have had a busy week so far. In social we have begun to look at mapping. If you haven’t had a chance to download Google Earth and play with it, go and get it. You will need a pretty up to date system however but give it a try. You never know what might happen. As part of our intro to mapping, we have been talking about cardinal directions: North, South, East and West being the main points on the compass. I was telling the students about how sailors used to use the stars to navigate by looking for the North Star or Polaris in the sky. By looking for the Big Dipper you could easily find the North Star. Here is a video describing how to do this:

Here is a neat video showing how you can use your watch as a compass to find North:

2 thoughts on “All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait . . .