The Start of A New Company

The Start of A New Company

Announcing a new company:

“I have a little story for you,” I told the class at the beginning of today’s science class.

We are starting a new unit in Science today. It is all about Testing Materials and Designs with Buildings. However, we had to start with a little cautionary tale about the three little pigs who did not make very good building decisions. The Wolf, unfortunately named Frederick the III though he tried very hard to get all his friends to call him Frank), showed the pigs their mistake but was not in the end, able to catch the pigs because of a series of unfortunate mishaps leaving him wet, cold, embarrassed and humiliated. Hans, Frans and Herman were very fortunate. I had hoped to record the story. However, the recording did not work and, so I am not able to bring the story of the three little pigs.

However, I am very pleased to announce the creation of a new company. The students and I have merged to form “The Kids Who Rock At Building Company”. We are going to be working on projects throughout the term determining what makes a building safe, stable, strong and tall. At the end of the unit the students will be working to design and build their own creation using what we have learned.