Who’s Ned?

Who’s Ned?

Well, Ned was in town today and a whole lot of yo-yo fun was to be had. It was a great performance with a great Christian message. The students loved the tricks and the presenter, Tim, was great and really spoke well to the students in a way that was entertaining and enjoyable.

Here is an animoto of the presenter. The pictures aren’t great but give an idea of what was going on. I also included a couple of clips of people doing yo-yo tricks and a video of a lesson on how to do a trick.

In math, the students have started multiplication with a look at the dimensions of a rectangle. Students learned that rectangles can be made up of lots of little squares. A dimension is the number of squares going along the bottom of the rectangle and how many squares going up the side of a rectangle there are. We call it over and up. Students also learned that the over number of squares times the up number of squares equals the area of the rectangle or the product. I know what you’re saying! “Easy for you to say, Mr.Hancock!” Well, the students caught on very quickly and were able to create rectangles with me only giving them the area of the rectangle.

This afternoon, students had their first party. We had a great time and the students are now working on the next 25 stars they need to have their next party. However, they may find it to be a little harder as I tend to get quite picky as the year goes on.

Reminder that Friday is both their spelling test and their memory verse reciting. Please help your child to work on both those items. If you need a spelling list, you can download the list from the class files section of the blog.