Art Work in the Class

Art Work in the Class

If you haven’t been in our class lately, you probably have not noticed our neat Stick figures. Inspired by Alberto Giacometti, these stick figures represent and action from a picture the students brought in to class. Alberto Giacometti originally designed bronze figures much the same as ours as a way to characterize the anonymous interactions people have everyday in a city. As he sat watching people in a busy city square, he noticed that no one was talking to each other or even acknowledging each others existence. He created his own city square to represent that feeling. Here is his famous sculpture.

city

After we had studied some of his sculptures, we designed our own using pipe cleaners and tin foil. I think they came out very nicely as you can see below.

art1

art2

Art3

Art4

One thought on “Art Work in the Class

1. Hi,

These are fantastic! I am a teacher in Vancouver, Canada and would like to attempt a project like this with my students. Would you mind sharing how you made them.

Thanks!