Hockey

Hockey

Our guest bloggers are writing furiously, coming up with interesting things to tell you about. Today we have some information about hockey!!

hockeyHockey is Canada’s most famous sport. Many kids play in minor hockey. If you play all your life when you are older you might be able to play in the N.H.L. My favorite team is the Calgary Flames and my favorite player is Jarome Iginla. The person who invented hockey is named Hans. The story is many hundreds of years ago the boy named Hans was skating on an ice covered river when he almost tripped over a branch. After that he picked it up it had another branch sticking out close to the bottom he broke the piece underneath the branch sticking out and then he leaned on it and started skating again and that helped him keep his balance. After a while he found a stone and hit it with the branch. It went flying and went under a bridge. Then a whole bunch of kids joined and they made teams. The next day they played but with a flat rock and that slided better. So they made disc shaped rubber clobs and called it a puck and thats how hockey was invented. Hockey is my favorite sport. I play on a team with my brother. The team is called Thunder! Hockey is really cool!

One thought on “Hockey

1. I like hockey…but only to watch!I dont like playing it BECAUSE THERE IS FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!