Last Few Days

Last Few Days

Open house has come and gone. It was an interesting experience for me; this being my first year at Highroad. It was quite strange to keep glancing up as I was teaching and seeing another group coming through the door. However, we made it through and everyone seemed happy and interested in our school.

EasterWe only have a couple of days left and still lots to do. We are leaving for Science World on Thursday and I think it will prove to be a great day. Today we also had a closer look at the physical features of B.C using Google Earth. Our Google Earth seems to be really choppy unfortunately. We also read from Luke and discussed the resurrection of Jesus. We are preparing an Easter project to do with Easter and this was a nice reminder of the true reason behind why we celebrate. I was telling the students that it was hard finding a project to celebrate Easter as everything seemed to focus on bunnies and easter eggs and chocolate. It is very unfortunate. We talk a lot about losing Christmas to commercialism but I think think we also are affected by commercialism at Easter.

It was a good day. Look for some more poetry on the blog soon!

One thought on “Last Few Days

1. I do really like that picture that you put on the blog. I think that we should also do the resurrection egg project for art. YOU ARE THE BEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD!!